Sunday, December 5, 2010

The everyday times of the Scott Family.

On Thanksgiving weekend, Mark and a coworker/friend of Mark's Schuyler and I went to Churaumi Aquarium in Nago.  It's one of the world's largest because it hosts one of the world's largest fish, the whale shark.  They had 3 of the giant sharks there as well as other features that were nice.  Mark, Schuyler, and I figured we would buy year passes and so we will be going back.  It's a nice escape from Chatan but extremely busy.  Next time we go we may sneak away on a week day so we can be close to the only ones there.  We made a day of it, making sure to watch the whale shark's feeding.  They also have dolphin shows but they are currently out of season as it is cooler here now.  Also on Thanksgiving weekend, we went to see Harry Potter The Deathly Hollows part I and it was amazing!  I loved it to bits and can't believe I have to wait till next year to see part II. 

Speaking of it being cooler, we are now in the winter months, well duh, December is winter, but not for everyone.  This year there are times we can get away with wearing shorts still.  It still gets very warm, though it seems my coworkers are even shocked by this.  As soon as the sun goes down though it is very cool and requires me to wrap up.  If we go out with friends to karaoke it is warm inside and usually involves me spending time trying to figure out what to wear to be comfy both outside and in.  I left all my boots in Tennessee, Ohio, and Wyoming.  So I dropped the ball on that one thinking that 50s would not be cold enough, boy was I wrong.  Wyoming may have got me prepped for the cold, but Tennessee and Okinawa brought me back to humid temperatures and sun filled days.

Our days are not very busy anymore since we made the deadline on closing our house.  We are no longer home owners, which is FANTASTIC, since our house has been on the market since Thanksgiving of last year.  We are glad to see it go and were happy to have such a nice house.  Since we are in Japan though it wouldn't do much good to still have a house in Wyoming.  I start school in January.  I am ready to get back in to it after receiving my associates in May.  I am ready to push on and keep on going.  Not sure if I will work much longer as many know how stressful it has been and I would like to focus solely on my studies, but I also have to do what is best for my family.  I may stick it out as long as I can, but if things keep going the way they are who knows.  There is something to be said about not having good communication and it takes it's toll!

Speaking about school in January, I decided to take advantage of a military spouse program for those wanting a certificate or associates.  I already have an associates so I decided to do the certificate in hopes to add classes to my bachelor's major of Asian studies.  I am ready to be back in the classroom and ready to focus.  I have seen how much I can do when I try, but then again, only math is my WORST subject.  Mark and I are both in school and we really enjoy it.  It's so amazing to see where God has taken us both on our journey together.

My kimono will be paid for today!  I will receive it this week from Tokyo and I am all ready for the full Japanese experience of getting dressed up in one of the dressiest kimono you could wear.  Generally, the furisode, the type of kimono I bought, are for young ladies that just turned 20 and for young ladies to wear until they are married.  Married and almost 30 I got the go ahead from Japanese friends and now I am wearing it to a SPORTS themed Christmas party.  They didn't always have it themed and then decided to change it!  As adults we don't get to dress up much and to think they almost made a dress code for an event I had been planning for since October!!!  They said it was okay to be semi formal, well little do they know it will not be for Talya Scott.  I promise, it is not in my nature to go agaisnst the grain on purpose, but I have always like doing what I want to do.  I think they realized they made a mistake when many went back and said why change the Christmas party at all.  Oh well, we will see how it goes.  We hope to get some friends together for Christmas and make the best of being away from the big family gathering I have grown to love.

I am off to work now.

Sayonara from the Scott's

No comments:

Post a Comment